Kalia – The key to unlocking and exploring Bougainville’s world class gold and copper potential —
Bougainville is one of the last undeveloped mineralised regions in the world that retains the potential for world-class deposits. Kalia’s proposition is that the Panguna mine is an indicator of the potential of the Tore Region. Limited historic work has already revealed targets with the potential for many more.
- Panguna is an indicator of potential
- First mover advantage
- Limited data has already identified targets
- Potential to identify more targets
- Rapid deployment onto identified targets
- Emerging country supportive of investment
- Kalia is gateway for other opportunities
Bougainville Mining History
- Bougainville is one of the last undeveloped mineralised regions in the world that retains the potential for world-class deposits.
- Mineralised areas hosted in highly prospective epithermal, porphyry and massive volcanic sulphides.
- 9,300 km2 of target rich geology within the Pacific Rim of Fire, a zone already host to some of the world’s largest mines
- History of mining with Gold & Copper mined since German colonial administration.
- Alluvial gold mined continuously for more than 100 years.
- Historically, only one large scale mine – Panguna (separate slide).
- Unrest and war against Papua New Guinea started at Panguna with issues around share of wealth generated, environmental issues and political aspirations.
- Panguna was, at its inception the largest copper mine in the world.